To meet the needs of students and institutions of higher learning, Wayne County Public Library provides exam proctoring services by appointment Monday – Thursday 2:00-4:00 pm. This service is based on the availability of personnel, facilities, and technology.
It is up to the student to schedule their exam:
- Your appointment must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance of taking the exam.
- Exams cannot be guaranteed on a walk-in basis.
- If you need to cancel your exam 48 hours prior to your appointment, please do so via the link available through your confirmation email.
- If you need to cancel within the 48 hour period prior to your appointment, please make sure to contact the library that has your appointment.
- Once your exam has been scheduled, it is your responsibility to make arrangements with your testing institution to send exam materials/passwords to the proctoring site. Please call 24 hours prior to your exam to make sure the exam has arrived at the library.
- Please call or email your proctoring library regarding any changes that develop.
On the day of your exam:
- Please arrive promptly at the scheduled time.
- Bring your photo ID and any allowable testing materials (e.g., calculator, pen, pencil, scratch paper, notes).
- Prior to checking in, please power down your cell phone and place it out of reach (ex. - in your bag).
- Leave other items in your car or at home, as library staff cannot hold items while your exam is proctored.
- If you need to need a break while the exam is in progress, please check in with a staff member.
Library and Staff Responsibilities
What We Do
- Verify student IDs.
- Review exam instructions.
- Monitor students during testing.
- Monitor the exam time.
- Wayne County Public Library staff will not sign any statement required by the testing institution inconsistent with our procedures or with how the test is administered. If we are unable to proctor your exam for that reason, we will notify you and your school ahead of time. We will also provide a list of other proctoring services in the area.
- Wayne County Public Library reserves the right to refuse to proctor an exam. If proctoring services are terminated, the student will be notified by their institution.
- Wayne County Public Libraries cannot be held responsible for technical difficulties arising from the testing institution or library technology.
If a weather event occurs and the library must close, library staff will make every effort to contact the student. However, please check the library website or call your library’s contact number for more information.
- Wayne County Public Library does not charge for proctoring. However, the student is liable for any fees associated with exam printing.