Goldsboro Schools, 1910
Goldsboro Schools, 1910.
Goldsboro Schools on N. William St.
1st and 3rd Buildings built in 1903 for
use as Elementary Classes –
The Middle Building built in 1857
as the Wayne Female College closed
in 1862 to become a Hospital for the
Confederate Army. When the war ended
in Goldsboro after the battle of Bentonsville
March 20 1865 it became a Hospital for the Federal
Army until 1868 when the College reopened as
the Goldsboro Female College until 1883 it became part
of Goldsboro Public Schools. Raised in 1927.
Photograph Number: SCHG19