What is it?
Borrow-a-Librarian is a service that allows you to schedule a one-on-one learning session with a skilled reference librarian to help you acquire technology skills and use library resources.
Why does this program exist?
Helping our patrons acquire technology skills in the digital age transforms the library into the engine of upward mobility and brings people together to explore, discover, and connect.
What can I learn?
- How to use mobile devices
- How to use email
- How to download digital library materials
- How to use e-readers
- How to use library databases for research
- How to create a resume and/or fill out a job application
How long is the session?
Sessions are generally 30 minutes each, but we are flexible depending on your needs.
What else should I know?
- We cannot help with medical, legal, business, or tax preparation issues, documents with personal information (e.g. SSN), proofreading documents, or providing answers to homework assignments.
- You must be age 18 or older to schedule a session.
- We will provide technical support for non-library resources, but we cannot guarantee our ability to assist you properly.
- There is a limit of four 30-minute sessions per person per month, and they cannot be 1) combined into an hour session nor 2) on the same day. If a topic exceeds the allotted time, the session may be extended or rescheduled at library staff’s discretion.
- This form applies only to our Goldsboro location. If you need one-on-one help at our Mount Olive location, please inquire at the reference desk.
- Please provide at least two business days’ notice to schedule a session, or we may not be able to accommodate your request. We will contact you to confirm your session.
- If you miss your session by 15 minutes or more without contacting staff, we reserve the right to cancel your session.